creditappraisal.in is the only website exclusively catering to credit officers working in banks. It has extremely useful resources for bankers such as repository of articles, blog and links to other useful resources. The site is also the place to purchase the book and video lectures on “Balance Sheet Analysis and Credit Appraisal for bankers” which is an indispensable guide for credit officers covering important areas of accounting, ratio analysis, assessment of credit limits encountered in banks.
I am Sandeep Maddu and I am here to guide you in your career of credit appraisal and balance sheet analysis. I hold the following degrees :
- B. Tech (Mechanical Engineering) from JNTU Hyderabad
- MBA (Finance) from ITM Hyderabad
- M. Tech (Computer Science) from Andhra University
- CBA (Business Analytics) from the prestigious Indian School of Business, Hyderabad
I have been a consistent performer in academics right through school and college. Some of my academic highlights include State rank 31 in ICET, 97.57 percentile in CAT and Best project award at ISB while working on anti-money laundering project conducted for consultancy major Deloitte.
I have 12 years experience in the areas of credit appraisal both as a banker and credit consulting. My major areas of expertise relate to financial analysis, credit appraisal, balance sheet analysis, spreadsheets. I am currently engaged as a financial consultant for corporate credit proposals.
- I have worked at prestigious departments in my career including at ICICI Bank and Andhra Bank.
- I have worked at the Corporate & Industrial Finance Department at Andhra Bank Head Office in Hyderabad. Profile involved project appraisal, financial statement analysis, assessment of loans, industry analysis, competitor analysis, preparation of regulatory reports. I have handled major accounts such as GMR Industries
- I have worked as credit analyst in the Chairman & Managing Director Secretariat during the tenure of Dr. Ramakrishnan. Profile involved analysis of advances proposals, preparation of MIS reports to Chairman and Board of Directors, analysis of business targets, analysis of industry trends and tracking of overall bank management. As credit analyst, my role involved analysing the creit proposals falling under the powers of CMD who has discretionary powers of Rs. 60 crore. So major proposals with substantial limits that came to CMD for sanction were analysed, weak points uidentified and suggestions amde to CMD. Also, for proposals larger than Rs. 60 crore, the powers are vested with Management Committee of Board of Directors. CMD had to recommend such proposals to the Board. So even those porposals were analysed by me. During my three year tenure at CMD Secretariat, all credit proposals of the Bank above Rs. 45 crore were analysed by me. Those accounts inlcuded major companies such as Reliance Industries
- I have worked as credit officer at Zonal Office Visakhapatnam. Profile included handling large value advance proposals of Visakhapatnam zone which includes Visakhapatnam and Vizianagaram districts; handled more than 200 accounts of various sectors including iron and steel, real estate, educational institutions, chemicals, fertilisers, etc.; work involved project appraisal, balance sheet analysis, industry analysis, credit monitoring, inspection and audit compliance and managing team of 5 financial analysts.I have handled major accounts of the zone including Vizag Steel Plant, Andhra Petrochemicals, MVR Infra
- I am working as credit consultant providing corporate credit appraisal services. Served 57 clients till date in various sectors including malls, pharmaceutical unit, colleges, hospital, contractors, hotels, departmental store, real estate, food processing, traders, power, jewellery. Clients served include major organizations in Visakhapatnam including Vaibhav Jewellers and Queen’s NRI Hospital
I am also an avid programmer developing software applications. My software expertise areas include Java, C++, Python, SAS, SPSS, Matlab, R, Tableau, , SQL, Pig, Gephi.